Ways to Give
BECOME A FRIEND OF CHILDREN’S FUND
For a $100 donation you will become a Friend of the Children’s Fund.
As a friend you will receive:
- An “I SUPPORT KIDS” decal to place in the window of your business or home
- Children’s Fund Newsletter which shares upcoming projects, events and related news
For a $500 donation you will become a Friend of the Children’s Fund Book Club.
As a friend you will:
- Have a book donated in your name to a Children’s Fund recipient
- Receive an “I SUPPORT KIDS” decal to place in the window of your business or home
- Receive Children’s Fund Newsletter which shares upcoming projects, events and related news
GET YOUR WORK INVOLVED
- Organize a team at work
- Create an Employee Giving Campaign
- Volunteer to help at one of the many fundraisers such as the AGA Golf Classic, the Celebration of Giving Annual Toy Drive
- Donate to the Children’s Fund Cares – supply backpacks, hygiene kits
- Collect non-perishable goods and materials as donation
A donation of $2,000 can provide emergency clothing and hygiene care for up to 10 children.
INVOLVE FAITH-BASED COMMUNITIES, SERVICE CLUBS, SPORTS LEAGUES
- This year AYSO Soccer joined together with Children’s Fund to collect new and unwrapped toys to be distributed to children who may not receive a holiday gift this year.
- Donations can be made individually or collectively
- Select a program in which your group would be most interested in supporting
A donation between $2,500 and $4,999 can provide beds and food for as many as 15 children, or braces for two foster children in dire need.
PLEDGE YOUR NEXT BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OR THEMED PARTY
- Instead of the gag gifts, or gifts that you don’t really need, pledge to give a gift to the Children’s Fund. Send out Celebration of Giving tags prior to the party so that your attendees will bring unwrapped new gifts to be donated. It could be a new bike, purse, wallet or gift cards. Pass the items around the room so that everyone gets that “feel-good” emotion.
- Theme games around trivia, with donations being made throughout the night
- Pass the basket at the end of the evening to see if you can reach a goal.
A $1,000 donation can provide a scholarship for a local foster youth.
CHALLENGE YOUR FAMILY
- Your child, mother, father, brother, sister, aunts & uncles, and friends. Anyone that is in your circle-of-giving for birthdays, holidays and special occasions. Agree to buy a gift at half the amount you would normally spend. Take the other half and open a Children’s Fund account at the bank. In one year, donate what is in the account to the Children’s Fund. Make it fun, set a goal, and let your family and friends know how much you’ve added to the account each month.
A $3,000 donation can provide backpacks filled with school supplies for 249 underprivileged children.
LEAVE A LEGACY GIFT
- Provision your will to give a portion of your estate to Children’s Fund. Your estate gift may be designated as an unrestricted gift to support our greatest needs or may be restricted to a particular endowment fund, program or scholarship fund that interests you.
A $10,000 benefactor gift can provide parenting support, scholarships, and needed medical supplies.
All donations made to the Children’s Fund are 100% Tax Deductible according to the law. Children’s Fund is a 501(3)(c) non-profit organization, allowing donations to be tax deductible.